Having trouble with a form to mail script.

Hi there,

Well, after reading the post about "so called experts" and licensing programming, I
can say that I sure am not licensed or even remotely close to a novice PHP
programmer, just a ‘lil ole PHP beginner trying to get my web page set up and
learn a few things.  I’m not sure if I am
in the right forum but thought I would give this a shot…

I just
created a new mail form in Dreamweaver for a web site.  I’m
working on a form to mail script that I started after reading a few on line tutorials, and can’t seem to get right. When I run
this little test script (named sendmail2.php) from the tutorial, on my server,
just to make sure PHP is working OK for web email forms:

<?php

$email = $_REQUEST['email'] ;

$message = $_REQUEST['message'] ;

mail( "help@xxxxxxxxxxxx", "Feedback Form Results",

$message, "From: $email" );

header( "Location: http://www.mydomain.com/thankyou.html";
);

?>

Which takes
input from the following testmail.html page form:

<form method="post"
action="sendmail2.php">

Email: <input name="email" type="text" /><br
/>

Message:<br />

<textarea name="message" rows="15"
cols="40">

</textarea><br />

<input type="submit" />

</form>

It works
great, I get the senders email address and comment sent to my email address –
account.
But the form
I want to use my final design from Dreamweaver, is:

<form id="formEmail"
name="formEmail" method="post"
action="sendmail2.php">

<fieldset>

<legend>Account Info:</legend>

<label for="emailAddress">User Name:</label>

<input type="text" name="emailAddress"
id="emailAddress" tabindex="10" />

<label for="pwd">Password</label>

<input type="text" name="pwd" id="pwd"
tabindex="20" />

<label for="confirm">Confirm Password:</label>

<input type="text" name="confirm"
id="confirm" tabindex="30" />

</fieldset>

<fieldset>

<legend>Personal Info</legend>

<label for="firstname">First Name:</label>

<input type="text" name="firstname"
id="firstname" tabindex="40" />

<label for="lastname">Last Name:</label>

<input type="text" name="lastname"
id="lastname" tabindex="50" />

<label for="region">What state do you live
in?</label>

<select name="region" id="region"
tabindex="60">

<option value="al">Alabama</option>

<option value="in">Indiana</option>

<option value="mich"
selected="selected">Michigan</option>

<option value="oh">Ohio</option>

</select>

<label>

<input type="radio" name="WoodLength"
value="newbie" id="WoodLength_0" tabindex="70"
/>

0-2 years</label>

<label>

<input type="radio" name="WoodLength"
value="novice" id="WoodLength_1" tabindex="80"
/>

3-5 years</label></td>

<label>

<input type="radio" name="WoodLength"
value="expert" id="WoodLength_2"
tabindex="90"/>

6 plus years</label><br />

<input type="checkbox" name="shop"
id="shop" tabindex="100" />

<label for="shop">Shopping</label>

<input type="checkbox" name="tools"
id="tools" tabindex="120" />

<label for="tools">Tools</label>

<input type="checkbox" name="saws"
id="saws" tabindex="130" />

<label for="saws">Saws</label>

<label for="Comments">Additional Comments</label>

<textarea name="Comments" id="Comments"
cols="50" rows="10"
tabindex="140"></textarea>

<input type="submit" name="submit"
id="Submit" value="Join Mail List" tabindex="160"
/>

</fieldset>

</form>

…and when I
use it with the associated sendmail2.php script:

<?php /*?>

<?php

$emailAddress = $_REQUEST['emailAddress'] ;

$pwd = $_REQUEST['pwd'] ;

$confirm = $_REQUEST['confirm'] ;

$firstname = $_REQUEST['firstname'] ;

$lastname = $_REQUEST['lastname'] ;

$region = $_REQUEST['region'] ;

$WoodLength = $_REQUEST['WoodLength'] ;

$shop = $_REQUEST['shop'] ;

$tools = $_REQUEST['tools'] ;

$saws = $_REQUEST['saws'] ;

$Comments = $_REQUEST['Comments'] ;

mail( "help@xxxxxxxxxxxx", "Feedback Form Results",

$message, "From: $email" );

header( "Location: http://www.mydomain.com/thankyou.html";
);

?>

The email is
received, but with a blank return email address and an empty message. None of
the comments or form values get through - just a blank email sent to my
address. Can anyone point me in the right direction – what am I doing wrong?

Note: That
password field is not really a login password, I just wanted to use it for
testing purposes.

Do I have to
refrence the type and id attributes in the php script as well?

Thanks for
any input.

Get quick access to your favorite MSN content with Internet Explorer 8.