Re: Built-in objects APC or serialization‏‏

you shouldn't start a new thread by replying to an existing one.

also, you've already asked this question.

Andrea Giammarchi schreef:
> I think I had some problem with this ML ... so I try again to write down my question:

... this is not paid support, asking a question garantees neither an answer nor
a solution (actually, thinking about it, that probably not a good definition of
'paid support' either).

> I agree that this built-in stuff could be considered a weird case but I
> cannot believe that with all these new classes there is no solution to
> truly "hibernate" instances state.

php doesn't care about what we believe. some research into the concept
of 'shared nothing' may be in order to clarify why you hibernation wish is
not supported out of the box.

as for making an implementation, you've already answered your own question
with __sleep, __wake & Serializable

> As summary, I wonder if any of you knows a solution or, if any, when (and if) are you planning to add this feature.

although I don't develop the php engine I think I can safely say nobody is
planning this 'feature' (with you current definition I can only describe as
nebulous). if you keep an eye on the current developments in php you'll
realise that the core developers have their hands full already with a delayed
5.3, a stack of features slated for post 5.3 and a 'small' thing called
php6 (native unicode implementation)