Re: Re: mail() is duplicating

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 22:54 -0300, Manuel Lemos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> on 03/13/2009 05:37 PM Rick Pasotto said the following:
> > I have several forms on my site that use the same sequence of events:
> > The first script displays and validates the form data, the second
> > reformats and asks for confirmation or editing, and the third script
> > sends the data in an email to the relevent people.
> >
> > Two of these forms work exactly as they're supposed to but the third
> > sends duplicate emails to everyone.
> >
> > I have looked and looked and I've run diff and I can see no reason why
> > this should be happening.
> >
> > Could someone suggest what I might have wrong?
>
> Usually this happens when you have a To: header in the headers parameters.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Manuel Lemos
>
> Find and post PHP jobs
> http://www.phpclasses.org/jobs/
>
> PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
> http://www.phpclasses.org/

Another possibility is that the mail sending is triggered from a page
that is called from a get request rather than post. Some browsers
actually make more than one call when the page is get, thereby
triggering the duplicate mail creation. I had a similar thing with a
database update once before, it's a bugger to be rid of without
switching to post.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk