Re: [PHP & MySQL] Introduction to using relational databases

Bob McConnell wrote:
From: Dirk
Thilo Klein wrote:
Dear readers,

I am new to relational DB but not to MySQL & PHP in general. I created a RDB using Struggling with the program's complexity I managed to create a set of databases being
interconnected
via (foreign) keys.

   What I want to know is how to use this database via php. How does
my
ER-Diagram come into play? In other words I want to know more about a

general approach to using relational databases via php.
well you export the db you designed into ansi sql and use the cmdline mysql client to create a db with it...

this guide

<http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mysql/article.php/1469211/Using
-a-MySQL-database-with-PHP.htm>
seems ok on the first look..

Is there a Postgres translation of this or other DB articles available?

Haven't read that article but I have a few intro's on my site:

http://www.designmagick.com/category/4/PostgreSQL/Starting-Out

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/