Re: DOMDocument getElementsByAttribute ??

Michael A. Peters wrote:
Nathan Rixham wrote:
Michael A. Peters wrote:
Seems like such a function does not exist in php.
I can write my own function that does it using DOMElement->hasAttribute() - but I'm not sure how to get an array of every element in the DOM to test them for the attribute.

Any hints?

I'm sure it's simple, I'm just not seeing the function that does it.

DOMXPath :)

I figured it out -

$document->getElementsByTagName("*");

seems to work just fine.

I do need to find out more about XPath - unfortunately reading the examples that are out in the wild is troublesome because it seems 95% of them involve the deprecated dom model from pre php 5, so to make sense of them I would have to port the examples to php5 DOMDocument first.

Xpath is easier than most think.. for example

//p[@class='red']

that's all p tags with a class of "red"

infact.. http://www.w3schools.com/XPath/xpath_syntax.asp covers about everything you'll need for normal stuff :)