RE: How Much Data Can Be Written to a Database In One Instance?

> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:29:19 -0500
> Subject: Re:  How Much Data Can Be Written to a Database In One Instance?
> From: danbrown@xxxxxxx
> To: robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 15:26, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > See this setting in your php.ini:
> >
> > memory_limit = ???M
>
>     Also let us know what you're using for the database and how you're
> doing it.  You mention that the .dat files are 4-5MB, but don't say if
> that's the database you're using, or if you're reading from those and
> entering the data in MySQL, or what.
>
>     For example, if you're inserting data from there into MySQL, it's
> probably a MySQL issue that could be fixed by adjusting the packet
> size in your /etc/my.cnf (or equivalent) configuration file.
>
> --
> </Daniel P. Brown>
> daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx
> http://www.parasane.net/ || http://www.pilotpig.net/
> 50% Off All Shared Hosting Plans at PilotPig: Use Coupon DOW10000

Hi, Daniel:

  I went back to my problem and looks like I could change the output_buffering and the query timeout time.

Alice

Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo!
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=7adb59de-a857-45ba-81cc-685ee3e858fe