Re: User Authentication across multiple server

Edmund Hertle wrote:
Hey,

I've got 2 server, both having the same authentication scripts and using the
same database. My problems are:
1.: User logs in on server1 -> trys to use a part of the site which is
physically located on server2 -> has to login again on server2
2.: There is a wiki on server2, which also depends on the same
user-database-table. Is there a way to login the user automatically to that
wiki?

The only method which possibly could work and came to my mind was using
somehow $_GET parameter for username and password (encrypted).

Thoughts?

-eddy

Do you use the database for your session management?
If you do, since both servers talk to the same database, it should be easy.

ini_set("session.cookie_domain",".yourdomain.org");

Any server on your domain will be able to read the session cookie, and if your sessions are database driven, authenticate the session ID.