Re: Problem with mysql_real_escape_string

On 05/03/09, Eric Butera wrote:

Make sure to always pass your active database connection into the
second parameter of mysql_real_escape_string.  There could be
character set differences between your two servers too that might be
causing issues for you.  If at all possible I would recommend
upgrading to mysqli or pdo and use prepared statements.

Thanks for the replies. I've reworked the database code to use PDO prepared statements and it works perfectly on the local and remote versions. Thanks!

Nigel