Re: PHP script lag (5 secs) when declaring mime type.

Thankyou,

I took "application/x-javascript" directly from the apache setup for my domain so this should be correct.

However I've just deactivated gzip (zlib.output_compression OFF in php.ini) and that stopped the problem. I've given you a simplified version of the script that has the exact same problem (the original one gets the mime type automaticaly and has the same problem with any files that are gziped (css, html, javascript etc... but not images.).

So the problem seems to have someting to do with this line :

header('Content-Length: '.filesize('test.js'));
and with gzip ...

I would like to be able to activate gzip again but I need to work out why I'm getting this bug first.

Apache isn't installed with mod_deflate, should I look into doing this instead of turning zlib.output_compression on again ?

Is there maybe a bug with PHP 5.2.9 that's causing this problem?

Thankyou :)