Re: Re: Question about template systems

Robert Cummings wrote:

Is there a reason I shouldn't be doing it that way?

I didn't say you shouldn't. It's just expensive on every page request to
regenerate a document node by node. it also strikes me as tedious :/

It's definitely tedious - but I end up writing functions that do the tedious stuff when I can.

Paragraph nodes that include several children (span nodes and anchor nodes etc.) are the worst. Not too bad though once you get use to doing it that way. Paragraphs with too many spans and links are usually bad design anyway, so it encourages you to find a way to get your content point across in a better fashion ;)