Re: Re: Sending multipart/form-data request with PECL.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Shawn McKenzie <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jason Cipriani wrote:
>> Is there a way to force PECL to use multipart/form-data encoding for
>> all post fields added with addPostFields, even when you are not
>> calling addPostFile to add a file?
>
> Try: setContentType()

Thanks! But, I tried that, and according to my packet sniffer, calling
setContentType() actually seems to have no effect whatsoever on the
request! Is there something I have to enable? Here's an example, it's
just a fake request, used to see what HttpRequest outputs:

$fields = array("field"=>"value","other"=>"something")
$http_req = new HttpRequest('http://localhost:9999/resource');
$http_req->setMethod(HTTP_METH_POST);
$http_req->setContentType('multipart/form-data');
$http_req->addPostFields($fields);
$http_req->send();

Here is what it produces, it's still application/x-www-form-urlencoded:

=== BEGIN REQUEST ===
POST /resource HTTP/1.1

field=value&other=something
=== END REQUEST ===

Even if I call setContentType with some made up content type, it
doesn't affect the output; am I doing something wrong there?

Thanks!
Jason