Re: whoami explanation

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:31, Stuart <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The results returned by Google are not constant. They vary based on your
> location, which domain you're using, which index instance you hit and a
> number of other things, most of which are not public. It is more than
> possible that PJ did get different results to you from the same search term.
> Hell, I get different results on my machine than the guy the other side of
> the office.

    Yeah, that's true.  In the original message I noted locale and
other preference settings, but I did fail to mention it again here.

    The other option is that I'm wrong, but as we all know, that is
such a rare occurrence that it may as well be a nonexistent option.
If it were the case, though, I would certainly need to concede the
point....

    It's interesting that you mention getting different results from
someone on the other side of the same office.  I would guess that it's
the difference between preferences, perhaps even default language
settings, but in all honesty, I don't purport to understand more than
a fraction of the Google algorithms.... I'm just glad they're there.

    And finally, you may not contribute (nearly!) as often as you once
did, but your responses haven't lessened in quality by any means.
It's "Stut, Concentrated."

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx