RE: Cache engines in a multi-tenant environment (a bit long)

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 14:52 -0500, Robert Cummings wrote:

> > My question then becomes the following:  Is there a cache engine
> > available which can store multiple (different) copies of a source
file
> > and serve them only to the appropriate request?  Perhaps a better
way
> > to describe this would be a sort of "mapping" feature allowing
> > per-directory control.  I'm imagining a simple list of directories
> > that instructs the cache engine to keep their caches separate.  This
might
> > even be implemented by incorporating the directory name into the key
> > used for lookups, but frankly I haven't spent much time looking at
> > APC's code (nor have I looked at XCache's or eAccelerator's at all.)
>
> If the path to the source file differs then it shouldn't matter that
the
> source tree is a copy, for all intents and purposes, as far as an
> accelerator is concerned, the sources are different. I've not liked
APC
> in the past (I don't remember exactly what the problem was) and
> personally use eAccelerator.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.

Rob,

Thanks very much for your response.  I was surprised at APC's behavior
(thinking that files in different directories would be treated as
different entities) but I couldn't explain the behavior I was seeing
otherwise.  However, that may be a function of APC specifically and not
all PHP cache engines.  I'll spend some time with eAccelerator and
hopefully it will work as expected.

Thanks again,

Damon