500 Internal Server Error

Hello All,

What is the situation when we get internal server error 500 on PHP pages?

>From Internet I got some info like, you get it when :

1) If friendly urls are not supported by apache.(mod_rewrite)
2) If max_execution_time max's out.
and some more related to apache.

I got a weird situation where I do PHP eval() and if the parsed string is
wrong, I get internal server error 500.

So question is I was under the impression that PHP code errors  will never
result in a http response errors. Am I completely wrong here? Can anyone
tell me from their experience what are the specific scenarios we get this
error?

Thanks,