Re: Why PHP won

Michael A. Peters wrote:

> Per Jessen wrote:
>> Michael A. Peters wrote:
>>
>> [anip]
>>> and you can use DOMDocument to completely
>>> construct the page before sending it to the browser - allowing you
>>> to translate xhtml to html for browsers that don't properly support
>>> xhtml+xml.
>>
>> I suspect you meant "translate xml to html"?  I publish everything in
>> xhtml, no browser has had a problem with that yet.
>>

> IE 6 does not accept the xml+html mime type. I don't believe IE7 does
> either, I think IE 8 beta does but I'm not sure.

I don't use any of them, but I thought even IE6 was able to deal with
xml.

> If you are sending xhtml with an html mime type you are breaking a
> standard, even if it seems to work.
> xhtml is suppose to be sent with the xml+xhtml mime type.

>From http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/

"In general, 'application/xhtml+xml' should be used for XHTML Family
documents, and the use of 'text/html' should be limited to
HTML-compatible XHTML Family documents intended for delivery to user
agents that do not explicitly state in their HTTP Accept header that
they accept 'application/xhtml+xml' [HTTP]. "

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.7°C)