Re: Re: multiple choice dropdown box puzzle

Bob McConnell wrote:
> From: PJ
>
>> Here's my test page and, so far, nothing works...
>>

> Please expound on "nothing works...". What do you see in the browser?
> What do you see in the server logs?

It's not in the browser that I look, rather in the db: nothing is
INSERTed. I have confirmed that in some configurations do work
partly(can't recall which - I know, should have noted this, but that was
only to confirm that something was being written to the db and that is
now a part of the current script which does not yet fully work).

>> <?
>>

> I strongly recommend changing all of these to <?php per the XHTML specs.
> That will reduce the ambiguity and possibly prevent errors like the next
> one.

The mix of php and html is rather muddled... (for me, at least, when I
edit the page as XHTML. I am using HomeSite+ to edit and the validation
doesn't work very well since there is HTML code within the php code...
And suggestions for validating (other than online as my work is only
local for now)?

>> <select name="<?echo $categoriesIN?>.'[]'" multiple="multiple"
>>
> size="5">
>
> You at least need a space between <? and echo, otherwise the server is
> trying to parse "<?echo" as a single token, and that is probably
> undefined.

Right, this was a typo I didn't catch. Thank you for pointing it out.
The rest of these type of statements are quite correct and the input
web-page works fine. It's just the input of the categories that does not.

--

Phil Jourdan --- pj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   http://www.ptahhotep.com