Re: Re: Securing web services

Le dimanche 22 février 2009 à 21:29 +0000, Nathan Rixham a écrit :
> Yannick Warnier wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Another Web Service related question. Obviously, Google gives me enough
> > hints to find *many* documents on the topic (searching for "securing web
> > services"), but I am developing open-source soft and I'd like to secure
> > my web services to the maximum without forcing the user to use HTTPS/SSL
> > (the generation of buying of a certificate is not what our lambda users
> > can do).
>
> Yanick,
>
> I'm hoping to save you some time here; Web Services are very poorly
> implemented in PHP (and that sentence is the reason I'm emailing you
> off-list).

Nevermind :-)

> Everything you need is catered for in SOAP and by using the WS-xxx
> extensions which are common place in the Java and .net world (infact
> most languages) - thankfully those who are fortunate enough to know can
> do this in PHP as well and consume all manner of web services, as well
> as generate them.
>
> You need WSO2 (oxygen) - specifically WSO2 WSF/PHP; it's the finest web
> service library for all languages and has a massive community behind it.
>
> http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/php
> docs: http://wso2.org/project/wsf/php/2.0.0/docs/api.html

The license is Apache 2, which doesn't really match my GPLv2 (or
superior) license.

Does anyone know how one deals with this kind of headache? If my
software is GPLv2 "or superior", does it means that if I include a
library that is only compatible with GPLv3 I have to restrict my soft to
GPLv3? (and not v2 anymore)

Apart from that, from a quick view through the code, I didn't really
find something better than NuSOAP "setCredentials" in the list of
available functions, but I suppose this should be an off-list topic
now...

Yannick