headers: setting right for browser to force reload at a certain point in time

Hi All,

We have an application that generates dynamic ebooks. One of the (minor)
problems (but yet annoying) is that when a user comes back to an ebook, they
have to actually delete the cache and reload the page to not get the cached
version which might be wrong because the content or even the flash
application is updated.

It would be neat if we could force a reload of the page, but only with a
special condition like the ebook being updated or the swf. The swf and also
the other resources are not reloaded though, because it is a get request.

Is there a way to force a reload of the browser by maybe changing the
headers? Or do we have to do some fancy stuff like storing a cookie with the
time and sending it back via ajax or something like that?

Just setting the header would be nice...

Maybe the easiest would be to change the link (add a number or something) of
the html page and have a rewrite for all the relative urls as well.

Regards,
Tim

Tim-Hinnerk Heuer

http://www.ihostnz.com
Henny Youngman  - "When I told my doctor I couldn't afford an operation, he
offered to touch-up my X-rays."