Re: Accessors

Also, i know php is an interpreted language. But wouldn't it be possible to
write a virtual machine for php and compile byte code... I know, php is not
Java or Actionscript :-P but it could be an add on feature. i guess the eval
wouldn't work then would it? Although eval could still be interpreted...

This would be nice in case you need to protect your intellectual property.

I haven't tried it, but I might soon for an appliance I'm building.

http://www.roadsend.com/

Actually might not have "virtual machine" as java does but it has an engine and it is possible to produce something similar to byte-code. You can some solutions to this and here is one of them (open source):

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.bcompiler.php
http://pecl.php.net/package/bcompiler

and there is a script to make "byte-code":

http://bencoder.urdada.net/

I have used and it works.

--
Thodoris