Re: display_errors and error_reporting not enough?

When I make something wrong like syntax error; I get blank pages.

Because the PHP code is not running (because of the syntax error), and
thus not setting the error reporting as desired. You'll need to aither
use a .htaccess file (if you're running Apache) or make the changes in
your php.ini file (and restart your web server). Either way you won't
be able to use the constants (which you use only in a PHP script. IIRC
the correct directive would be:

error_reporting 2047

In other words try to set:
display_errors=On
error_reporting = E_ALL

in your php.ini which is:
/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

As far as I can see from you phpinfo page.

So that you don't need to set it in every script during runtime as you mentioned.

--
Thodoris