Re: Opinions Please, Describing PHP as Web Framework of C and C++

2009/2/16 German Geek <geek.de@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I thought its an interface as in Common Gateway Interface. :-P
>
> You are right it isn't a specific connection to C. CGI can basically be used
> with any language.
>
> A protocol to me is something like TCP/IP or http etc. Like a language
> between a network of nodes.

A protocol in computer science is defined as "rules determining the
format and transmission of data". CGI is a protocol defining the
format and transmission of data between two entities, most commonly an
HTTP server and an executable of some sort. It has no connection to
TCP/IP, HTTP or networks in general.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/