APC problem with PHP

Hey all,

I'm new to the list. I came here because I couldn't find the answer to
my question and I'm hoping I can find it here. I compiled the APC
plugin as a shared library and activated it through the php.ini. I ran
'make test' and it seemed to pass all but one (it skipped a test). I
thought all was well. Unfortunately it wasn't. In the middle of the
night I woke up to SMS messages from the monitoring that the server
was going down hard. I got the server back up and found that PHP was
segfaulting and puking core files everywhere and it filled up the
drive.

I removed all the core files and restarted the server and it happened
again. So I removed APC, restarted the server and the core files
stopped. So just to make sure I put APC back on and saw that PHP
started dumping again.

I'm not advanced enough to try and debug the core files but I do know
enough to try and see what is going on. I used gdb to peer in to a
core file and saw that libthread_db.1.so or something like that was
the culprit. Does anyone know what would cause PHP to start
segfaulting after APC was installed?

Thanks,

Jamie