Re: Newbie Help - No .php file extension

Hibbert Miller wrote:
> Hello,I have been asked to install an existing PHP/MySQL application on a
> system using Windows Vista.

What application are we talking about here?
Is it a known Open/Closed source application? Is it supposed to run on
windows?
> I have installed PHP 5.2.8, MySQL 5.1.31 and IIS 7.0. PHP is working as
> expected (I created a test page which displays the output from phpinfo()).
>
> The application in question posts to a login page from an index page called
> index.php. However, the form's action is simply set to "login", and not
> login.php as expected. Further checking revealed that all links in the
> application appear to exclude the file extensions.

Sounds like this applications is making use of some sort of controller
to handle requests.
A lot of frameworks and applications make use of the MVC* pattern. That
could be a reason
why there's no .php extension. The call to login will probably result
into something like
http://host.tld/login, Which will be rewritten by the help of either
htaccess or php itself.
> I have combed through the php.ini file and have not been able to find any
> configuration setting that deal with this. I have also tried configuring IIS
> to send all requests to PHP by setting the Handler Mapping to "*" instead of
> just "*.php".

Did there come a .htaccess file with the application? I'm not sure how
IIS handles these things.
Last time i touched IIS. It was still in 5.x version range...