Re: php validate user password

tedd,

I think that the problem of the "duplicated hashes" in the database
(in the case of two users using the same password) persists with a
constant prefix in the passwords. Although the random salt portion get
stored in the database concatenated to the hash, the attacker don't
know the string length of the salt, making the attack very difficult.

Cheers