Re: PHP pop-up windows

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 01:47:28 +0000, nrixham@xxxxxxxxx (Nathan Rixham) wrote:

>Clancy wrote:
>> I'm working on a website editor, primarily for my own use. Normally it will be used on my
>> own computer, and much of what I wish to achieve could arguably be better done in either C
>> or JavaScript, but both of these have a similar programming syntax to PHP, but with subtle
>> differences, and I don't think my brain could cope with trying to work in two similar but
>> different languages simultaneously.

>> Is this a feasible mode of operation, and if so would anyone like to suggest ways to
>> implement it, and/or traps to be avoided?
>
>if ever somebody needed flex, it's you

Thanks. But what is flex?

1. Flex electrical cable: I've got plenty of that out in the shed, but it doesn't seem to
be relevant here (unless I decide that it is all too much, and decide to hang myself with
it!)

2. Single tasking operating system for the Motorola 6800: I once programmed in 6800
assembler, but I rather doubt if you can buy it, or them, these days.

3. Bodybuilding magazine: too late for that!

4. Adobe application builder - widely criticised for being inflexible: not what I'm
looking for.

Perhaps I ought to just give up, and get somebody else to do the job for me, but then I
would get the solution to somebody else's problem.

Also, although my mental agility is less than it used to be, so that I can't really handle
working in multiple environments, I still enjoy programming, and it does keep my brain
from going rusty!

I have had what seems to me to be a bright idea, and I wondered if anybody had tried
anything similar, and could cast any light either on how to go about it, or on problems
that I might encounter.

Just telling me to use something else, without explaining what it is or why it is better,
is not really being helpful.