Re: long echo statement performance question

"Richard Heyes" <richard@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Wouldn't have thought so. But for readability, you may find this a
>> little easier instead:
>
> Slight correction:
>
> ?>
>    <?=$var1?> blah <?=var2?>
> <?php
>
> --
> Richard Heyes
>
> HTML5 Canvas graphing for Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari:
> http://www.rgraph.org (Updated January 31st)

Actually that's what I'm in the middle of undoing.  The first revision was
jumping in and out of PHP mode upwards of 60 times per page on the shorter
pages.  I've read a couple places that that can put a huge performace hit on
things, so I was just trying to simplify the code a bit.  Plus I don't have
the fast tags, <?=, enabled *blush*