Re: Clarity needed

At 9:48 AM +0200 2/6/09, Thodoris wrote:
There is a very good schema for doing thing like that in this pdf. Its main purpose is to explain join temporary, tables and transactions but you will find it useful because I think it is relevant with your case.

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-db-design-ch5.pdf

Why don't you give it a try.

Yes, I did read it and it most certainly fits part of the problem I'm facing. In fact, it says the same things that all my other MySQL books do. The problem is that sometimes, regardless of all that you read, it's good to see how others solve similar problems.

Keep in mind that not all problems fall into the camp of requiring such in-depth solutions. Sometimes, the full-blown solution can be an overkill.

So, discussing such things on this list does exactly as the subject line indicated -- it provides clarity.

Thanks everyone,

Cheers,

tedd
--