Re: Blank page of hell..what to look for

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 12:22 -0500, Paul M Foster wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 11:11:03AM -0600, Terion Miller wrote:
>

> > Speaking of IDE, which do people on here prefer, I have been using
> > Dreamweaver CS3 just because as originally a designer I was/am used to it...
> > I did finally find the problem but moving an echo("damnit"); from line to
> > line commenting out everything below it...Oi ...is this ever going to get
> > easier for me I often wonder...
>
> Use Vim. ;-}
>
> Paul
> --
> Paul M. Foster

Any editor with coloured syntax highlighting will help. Just scanning
through the script visually should let you spot the obvious errors, and
then breaking the script down into chunks with echo statements is the
next step. You don't need to break it down line by line, that takes
ages! Instead, put one halfway through your code, that will let you know
if the error is in the top or bottom half, then just keep breaking it
down half at a time and soon you'll have the part the error is in. It's
just a typical trial-and-error algorithm.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk