Re: frameworks

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Frank Stanovcak
<blindspotpro@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Ok.  I've done some reading on frameworks for PHP now, and have this
> question.
>
> What are some good resources for learning about the various frameworks
> available, and do you recomend one over another?  If so why?
>
> I started using PHP before frameworks came into the picture, and then had
> take my leave for a while.  I'm sure this information will also help others
> out there who are just learning the ropes as well.
>

> --
>
> Each of the frameworks has a site, which is the best place to learn about
them...

As for recommendations, it depends on what you are looking for

Flexibility - Zend  - you can use the pieces without needing the whole kit
and kaboodle

Speed - CodeIgniter seems to be the winner for now

Completeness - symfony has a full ORM layer

Mix of the above - cakephp

Each comes with its own learning curve from easy to steep... downloaded
several and play with them to work out what fits your needs

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat