Re: Updating time in php

2009/1/26 Gary <gwpaul@xxxxxxx>

> I have a small php snippet in a page that displays the time and date.  Is
> there a way to have the time to update every minute so that it displays the
> correct time, andnot just the time that the page was loaded?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary

Hey Gary,

because of how php works this is not possible. However you could use
JavaScript/Ajax/etc. to simulate your requested feature.

But can I ask why you want to integrate something like that? I think the
most users have their taskbar where time and date is displayed. I think this
would maybe be needed by something like ebay (time critical application),
but as I can remember even on ebay you have to reload the page.

-eddy