Re: Multiple queries in PHP

Ashley Sheridan wrote:

> I've run into a bit of a problem. I put together a query using mysql
> variables in the form set @m:= 0; with the select that uses it
> directly after. For any wondering, the select was using it as an
> incremental value which can't be hard coded, as the value will depend
> on the ordering of the results of the query itself.
>
> The problem seems to be that while phpMyAdmin would execute this
> double query perfectly well, php using mysql_query() was having
> problems, as apparently it can't actually run multiple queries.

I don't know about the PHP mysql_query(), but the MySQL C API works fine
with multiple queries, it just has to be specifically enabled - the
default is one query per call.
However, it looks like the multiple query option is not supported by
PHP:

http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.real-connect.php

"For security reasons the MULTI_STATEMENT flag is not supported in PHP.
If you want to execute multiple queries use the mysqli_multi_query()
function."

/Per Jessen, Zürich