Re: Dirty Button

On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 19:04 +0100, Edmund Hertle wrote:
> 2009/1/25 tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Hi gang:
> >
> > I had a problem and solved it -- here's the write-up:
> >
> > http://www.webbytedd.com/b/update-select/index.php
> >
> > What do you think of the solution?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > tedd
> >  <http://www.php.net/unsub.php>
>

> Hey,
>
> It does not work as described, because the button will also get red if I
> just click the select field but does not chose anything different (using
> firefox...)
> You use Javascript? Then why not sending formular when somethings change...
> I think this is quite common for select-fields
>
> -eddy
Bad move to have it auto-send when the user selects something different,
especially if there is a lot of content on the page. Better to use AJAX
if it really needs updating, but just alerting users to the issue is
good.

Tedd, what about having it reset if you then go back and select the
original option without submitting, i.e. you originally selected and
submitted on A, then selected B, then selected A again?

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk