RE: Java / PHP Bridge

About 3 years ago, I played with an earlier implementation of the
Java-PHP bridge on SourceForge. I could get some rudimentary stuff to
work just fine, but anything complex required a migraine's-worth of
configuration and nit-picky settings on both sides. The technology may
have improved since I played with it last, but I would also recommend
using a web service to accomplish the interoperability.

I'm currently working with a .NET project... I turned the entire thing
into a WCF REST service that will conditionally send SOAP or JSON
replies based on the service client. I can now hook it into Javascript
with a prototype built in jQuery, call it using a PHP SOAP interface,
reference it directly in other ASP.NET projects, and so on and so forth.

You'll get a wealth of benefits aside from making your life easier with
bridging the two languages. :)

HTH,

// Todd