Re: php.ini

2009/1/14 Thodoris <tgol@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>> hi php lovers,
>>
>> I have a debian lamp stack and I want to use php to send a form to my
>> email server
>
> Do you mean that you need to send a mail directly from a web form?
>
> If that is the case check this out:
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_form_mail
>
> Doesn't even need php.

But it does require the user to have an email client set up which is
not necessarily the case.

>> that is on the same network. Someone suggested to me why don't i use
>> php.ini mail function.
>> But it says in the php.ini file for  win 32 only.
>
> What did you find in php.ini that works only for windowz?

The SMTP host only works on Windows.

>> Does anyone know how I  can get php to direct my forms request across the
>> network
>> to  the email server?
>
> I am not sure what you mean by that...

They mean not using sendmail but instead talking SMTP with a remote mail server.

I believe PHPMailer supports this - check it out...
http://phpmailer.codeworxtech.com/

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/