Re: Re: iconv is messing up a spreadsheet generated by the Spreadsheet Excel Writer

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:51:01 +0200, Thodoris wrote:

Hi gang,
I am generating a spreadsheet using the contents of a mysql table. I guess that there is something in the data that causes iconv used in the module's script to generate this error:

*Notice*: iconv() [function.iconv <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/tgol/Local%20Settings/Temp/function.iconv>]: Detected an incomplete multibyte character in input string in */usr/local/share/pear/Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer/Worksheet.php* on line *1547*

This causes the production of weird characters in a cell in the spreadsheet and after that cell everything is printed out of order.

The data in the mysql table are filtered for non-printable character before the data import.

What data goes into that cell?

I am selecting from a mysql table where only text and numeric data exist.

Can you provide a hex dump of the data?

I am no sure how to do that in that case :-( .

How do you filter the data?

The data are being filtered by stripping all the non-printable characters and by form validation using regxp.

How do you write it to the worksheet?

Using the pear extension Spreadsheet_Excel_Wrtiter.

What character encoding did you set?

UTF-8

/Nisse

--