news:E3.00.25553.8560D694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Frank Stanovcak wrote:
>> "Nathan Rixham" <nrixham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> try changing it to the correct case then come back and tell us if case
>>> matters? :)
>> ok...let me try it like this.
>>
>> how do I explicitly tell PHP in the ini what directory to use for session
>> storage and cleanup.  I've been googling for about an hour now, and am
>> just
>> getting more frustrated.  :(
>>
>> The server is a single purpose server, and it will remain that way, so I
>> don't want to have to code ini settings into each page.  :)
>>
>> Frank
>>

> Should be session.save_path, but check phpinfo() to see what it's using.
> Should be the path in the error.
>
> --
> Thanks!
> -Shawn
> http://www.spidean.com

So if my ini looks like the following I should be able to get rid of any
session data after a preset timelimit?

session.save_path = "C:\temp"

; Whether to use cookies.
session.use_cookies = 1

;session.cookie_secure =

; This option enables administrators to make their users invulnerable to
; attacks which involve passing session ids in URLs; defaults to 0.
; session.use_only_cookies = 1

; Name of the session (used as cookie name).
session.name = PHPSESSID

; Initialize session on request startup.
session.auto_start = 0

; Lifetime in seconds of cookie or, if 0, until browser is restarted.
session.cookie_lifetime = 0

; The path for which the cookie is valid.
session.cookie_path = /

; The domain for which the cookie is valid.
session.cookie_domain =

; Whether or not to add the httpOnly flag to the cookie, which makes it
inaccessible to browser scripting languages such as JavaScript.
session.cookie_httponly =

; Handler used to serialize data.  php is the standard serializer of PHP.
session.serialize_handler = php

; Define the probability that the 'garbage collection' process is started
; on every session initialization.
; The probability is calculated by using gc_probability/gc_divisor,
; e.g. 1/100 means there is a 1% chance that the GC process starts
; on each request.