RE: PHP unlink Permission Error

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 11:33 -0500, Alice Wei wrote:
> Hi, Ashley:
>
>   Sorry. To answer the question from your previous entry, it looks
> like that my permission could be set and changed for the folder, but
> when I do it on the "file", I only get 0666. I have the latest code on
> another entry.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Alice
>

> Alice Wei
>
> Indiana University, Master of Information Science
>
> Application Programmer
> ProCure Treatment Centers, Inc.
> 420 N. Walnut St.
> Bloomington, IN 47404
>
> 812-330-6644 (office)
> 812-219-5708 (mobile)
>
> Alice.Wei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(email)
> http://www.procurecenters.com/index.php (web)

> Subject: RE:  PHP unlink Permission Error
> From: ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:36:36 +0000
>
> <snip/>
>
> No, we tend to bottom-post on this list. It's just how we roll...
>

> Ash
> www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

> Check the weather nationwide with MSN Search Try it now!

The user that your web server is running under (I'm guessing apache of
wwwrun) , does this have permission to write to the file. If not, it
won't be able to set the permissions for it. You may need to exec out a
sudo command to do it, but I wouldn't recommend this.

If you need PHP to be able to delete the file, what put it there in the
first place?

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk