Re: HowTo use Eclipse PDT and existing mounted directory tree?

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Daevid Vincent <daevid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I must be retarded or something because I can't figure out in Eclipse
PDT (Linux) how in the heck do I start a new project and have it "point"
to an existing directory tree.

I DO NOT want Eclipse to pull in a copy of the files or do anything
wacky like that. I simply want it to look at a mount point (sshfs)
directory and use the files that exist there already. These are served
up via apache on a dedicated development server, so obviously I want to
change them and not a 'local copy'.

The files are physically in /var/www/vincentd/ on the dev box but are
in /home/vincentd/mydev/ on my local Ubuntu as a share. Or in other
words... localhost:/home/vincentd/pse02 ->
development:/var/www/vincentd/

I've Googled around and can't seem to find the right words to get an
answer to what would seem an obvious task.

D.Vin
http://daevid.com

There's a checkbox near the project name.  Can't remember what it's
called, but it lets you use a different workspace location.  Try that.

Try to set the workspace in the mounted directory. If the project already exists try to import the project (I think this is the proper way) by right clicking in PHP explorer and choosing Import menu. Then you should choose "Existing project into Workspace" under the "General" tree.

I don't if there is a better way but I usually open the existing projects this way.

--
Thodoris