RE: Re: Adding extension to an existing PHP install

I seem to recall reading something about Apache modules that you can do
a configure, then make, but not the make install and just move the newly
compiled module by hand.

Is that possible with PHP? If so, where would the newly complied
extension be, and where would it need to be moved?

Thanks