Re: php_value error_log realtive path in 5.2.8

Andre Hübner wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Rixham" <nrixham@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Andre Hübner" <andre.huebner@xxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: php_value error_log realtive path in 5.2.8

Andre Hübner wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Rixham" <nrixham@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Andre Hübner" <andre.huebner@xxxxxx>; "PHP-General" <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:43 AM

Andre Hübner wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Rixham" <nrixham@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Andre Hübner" <andre.huebner@xxxxxx>
Cc: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:19 AM

Andre Hübner wrote:
Hi,

please can someone try to add a logging with .htaccess and use a relative path to logfile? I always get an open_basedir error...

open_basedir and document_root of domain points to: /path/path/
In /path/path/ is located the .htaccess with:
php_flag log_errors on
php_value error_log subpath/logfile.txt
(logfile.txt is writeable)

It just only works if path to logfile.txt is given absolut as /path/path/subpath/logfile.txt
The relative path works reproducable in php 5.2.6
Please can somebody confirm this behavior? May be a kind of bug? This behavior seems to be new to me...

Thanks,
Andre

have you checked that you're php 5.2.8 is definately using the correct php.ini?

yes, my php.ini should not be the problem
with php 5.2.6 i use the same version cause im my own packager.

Thanks,
Andre

sorry going through the obvious ones -
a: is the log file path ../subpath/logfile.txt
b: what happens if you set it to ./subpath/logfile.txt
c: check the values when you get_cfg_var() / ini_get() the values in question

interesting...
a/b. with ../subpath/logfile.txt ./subpath/logfile.txt and subpath/logfile.txt i get open_basedir restriction. c: the interesting part. if i use relative path in .htaccess the ini_get("error_log") is completly empty a value is only shown when used a absolut path, but in error_log i can see the path whcih is used in .htaccess
strange case... what do you think?

what about when you do a phpinfo().. whats the val under error_log local and master?
+upgrading to 5.2.8 locally to see if i can replicate

sorry, forget about CVE-2007-3378, is not changed in current version.
my mistake, im sorry...

you'll be perhaps glad to know that I've replicated it identically over here; PHP 5.2.8 on windows vista with apache 2.2.10

may be worth noting that if you add the lines to your vhosts.conf file instead under each vhost it works fine; however definately only absolute paths allowed in .htaccess when using open_basedir

I'll post on internals for confirmation and get back to you

regards, nath