Re: Couple of beginner questions

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 15:36, Eric Butera <eric.butera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was just talking myself.  I use objects and such so I'm really not
> as worried about performance either.  But it was a "downside" that I
> knew about from some css/js stuff I'd done a while ago.  I still had 2
> files on my box from some framework stuff I'd been messing with.  Here
> were some results from my local testing (from the Yii framework).

    Great benchmarks, Eric.

    Another very, very important point is to consider the number of
extensions and core build of your local PHP engine.  The more options
that are compiled in, the larger the memory footprint, and the greater
amount of time it will take to load, parse, process, and return to the
HTTP server.  It may be negligible to the end-user for a single
request, but high-traffic sites could create a noticeable slowdown on
some servers.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx