Re: Couple of beginner questions

---- Eric Butera <eric.butera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Wolf <lonewolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > ---- Gary <gwpaul@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> I've done a number of sites in html and am now venturing into php.
> >>
> >> Can I create a page in html and insert php code that will work? (for
> >> example, take an existing page and insert a date command)
> > Yup
>
> Um... if the file ext is .html and php isn't set to run that then nope.

That's a very good point....  Getting PHP up and running will require the OP to read and follow the documentation.

But after that, you can mix and mingle at will, however good programming practices dictate that you become smart about your coding instead of dumping things in the original HTML and just playing.

Gotta be smart about things.

Wolf