RE: how does one bind a gui representation and a container object.

Reading your original request a little more carefully, it appears you're
really looking for a way to immediately update the database when someone
changes a value in an HTML form.

Ajax is necessary.

Make an ajax call triggered by a change in the table's data, which sends
the change as GET or POST data.

Write a PHP script to accept the data and update the database.

If you want all users to see the change immediately, you'll also need to
create a mechanism to send any changes back to the users.  My prior
email is relevant for that part.

Good luck.

>As an ammendum to the prior response, you may want to look into using
AJAX >with a streaming connection to the server.  If you have a small
number of >users, this works nicely (I have used it in production
systems before).