weird curl problem

Hi..

I have created a setup between my shared hoster and my home debian box, where the shared hosting accepts video uploads, and forwards them to the home server for video-conversion (which isn't allowed on shared hosting).

In order to kick off the import process, I need the shared hoster to make a POST call through php native curl functions to my home server.

Up to a few weeks ago, this worked just fine.

But now, since i (had to) re-installed the debian box, when i call it myself, the shared hoster returns a curl error "cannot connect to host". Other people on the net still get the proper response if they call the shared hoster script, the forward is performed, and they get to see what my homeserver replied.

So in other words, i'm the only one who can't import video's / pictures into my own CMS at the moment..
Free laughs for everyone ;)

But if you have any clues about why this could happen, i'd very much like to hear them.

My debian is 4.0, upgraded and all.
Apache2 ofcourse.

If you want to see any config files or logs please tell me..