Re: redoing website after 7 years

Lamp Lists schrieb:
hi guys,
I did php/mysql based website for one my client 7 years ago, in time when register_globals was on by default.
hosting company upgraded server to php5/mysql5 and turned globals off. the site is doesn't work any more.
I can define globals on again in .htaccess but rather not because it could be a big risk.
to work again I have to spend a lot of hours to modify the code. boring job. but, I'm more concern does client has to pay the changes/upgrade or it's still "my obligation"?
anybody had similar experience?

thanks for any help.

ll

Hi,
i think this is a contract Problem. I think this ist not your "obligation", because you have doing this Work for seven Years. The decision to change/Upgrade the Product was from the hosting Company and the client shiould be prepared to change the software, if Changes are known and new Versions will be set. If the Client offers you a Job to change the Software is a new Job and must pay. PLease contact a lawyer to get more Information about the legal practice on your Country.

Salut

Carlos Medina