From: Merlin Morgenstern [mailto:merlin_x@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 6:44 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  setting up FTP account names via PHP

Marc Steinert wrote:
Merlin Morgenstern schrieb:
Hello everybody,

I am running a real estate site where I would like to enable bulk
upload via real estate software that exports an xml file into an ftp
account.

In order to give every user unique access I would need to generate
individual ftp name and passwords for each member. I can not see how
this should work. My portal is written in PHP 4.x and there every
members loges in with a unique ID. The FTP Server runns on the same
linux machine. How could I generate users for this FTP server with
php, for example on sign up?

Thank you for any help on this.

Best regards,

Merlin

What ftp server are you using?

I just installed pureftpd. One possible sollution as I figured is to
alter the virtual user table of the ftp server with php.

Is this the way to go, or does somebody have a better idea that saves
dev. time?