Re: Architecture patterns in PHP

Manuel Lemos schrieb:
Hello,

on 12/27/2008 09:40 PM Michael C. Yates said the following:
How do you structure your web applications? I am thinking in terms of
separating presentation  and logic. How is that done in PHP? And how
many architecture patterns are there?

I use the Use Case Mapping as methodology to implement Web applications
in PHP since 1999 .

It does not mean that this is necessarily the best Web development
methodology, nor that you could not use another methodology that you may
prefer.

It is a methodology that I have been using for developing PHP Web
applications with very satisfactory productivity results. I have been
using it since 1999, when Object Oriented Programming support was added
to PHP 3. Over time, it has been refined to address better the real
world needs of sites of growing complexity.

This methodology has been used extensively to develop busy sites like
the PHPClasses repository. Therefore, it has proven to be suitable to
develop enterprise grade Web applications. It does not impose
excessively complex development procedures. So, it is also suitable for
developing small Web applications.

You may want to read this document that explains what are use cases in
the scope of a well structured project and the methodology that
describes how map use cases to PHP code for Web applications.

http://www.meta-language.net/metastorage-example.html

Hi all,
I can not understand what is the Target of this question like "Architecture Patterns in PHP". This is for me like the question, "what is your favorite IDE". If i need to know about design Patterns in PHP, then i can buy a book about it or i search the Internet for my information.

Regards

Carlos