Re: Require error

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Wolf <lonewolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ---- Kyle Terry <kyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Wolf <lonewolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Bottom Post

> sql.inc

> continue.');

> > > directory
> > > www.zootboy.com/sl/testing.php on

> > > Change your line to:
> > > require('$incl') or die('File not found');
> > >
> > > Require can be dork about things like this, I normally wind up handling
> > > fiddle with the coding for them.
> > >
> > > Wolf
> > >

> > Actually, single quoted will be string literal. He would need to encase
> them
> > in double quotes so the parser knows it might be looking for a variable.
> > require("$incl") is what he wants.
> >

> See!  I told you I always have problems with those!  :)
>
> Normally I'm not so literal though.
>
> so yeah:
> require("$incl");
> include("$incl");
>
> I prefer the includes over the requires, but that is personal preference.
>
> Wolf

It really all depends on how you want to handle errors. If you want to kill
the script because the database can't be reached, use require or
require_once, if you want the script to continue and handle everything
differently in the event that a file isn't loaded, use include or
include_once.

--
Kyle Terry | www.kyleterry.com