RE: CLI in background on windows

I assume by "task manager" you mean "task scheduler"? The Task Manager
is more of a process listing, like "ps" or "top" in Linux.

In the Windows command-line interface (cmd.exe), type "start /?" to give
you an idea of what your options are. As far as "in the background"
goes, Vista's task scheduler can hide the programs it executes from
being viewed by the user. Pre-vista, I think you can just minimize it
(unless it's run on a different account on the same machine other than
the one logged in)...

start /min /b php myscript.php

The "/b" option MIGHT prevent pre-Vista machines from showing the user
that a task is being executed. If it doesn't, then at least "/min" will
keep the window minimized rather than slapping them in the face with it.

HTH,

// Todd