Re: checking local file size

"Bojan Tesanovic" <btesanovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:<C4DAC606-7711-49CD-9E03-5CDD5627FDEF@xxxxxxxxx>...
> Well you need to know the TMP file name that has been in progress of
> upload, it is usually at /tmp folder

I know how to get that...

> also you need to know the actual size of file uploading, there is an
> extension for PHP that will give you this info
> but you need to compile it , on my cars site for uploading images I
> am using this one
>
> http://blog.liip.ch/archive/2006/09/28/upload-progress-meter-
> extension-for-php-5-2.html

I downloaded the uploadprogress zip from that site (their example looks like
it provides what I'm looking for). At the expense of sounding ignorant...
How do I add that extension to PHP?  I looked through the example code, and
I get the idea of what's happening, but I don't know how to add it to my
server (I use shared hosting, though I have shell access).  Does it need to
be built into a *.so or *.dll and added to the PHP.ini file?  If so, how do
I build it?

In short, what next?

Thanks